Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Crossing Lines on Netflix Canada

This show is about a fictional International Criminal Court, which investigates crimes that cross international borders.  I find it often touches on how the European Union has brought its member countries closer together, while at the same time it highlights the individuality of each country and its culture.

The team consists of very different characters from very different countries.  Donald Southerland, a favourite Canadian actor, truly makes the show great. William Fichtner's character, Carl Hickman, is not all that different from the character he played on Prison Break, however, it works within this cast of characters and he plays it very well. The other characters are interesting, although one could argue that the cast was a bit too attractive in the first season to be considered realistic. 

I do enjoy watching it.  I do not find it 'addictive' in the way that other series can captivate and suck up 2 straight days of my time. But it is nice to watch a show that allows me to put it away for awhile, then come back to it later when I am missing it.

Season 2 is on Netflix now, which was recently added. I give this series an 8 out of 10.

Here is the link to the Wikipedia description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_Lines

No comments:

Post a Comment